The Monastic Community
At present the monastic community at the Tibet Institute comprises 8 Tibetan monks.
The monastery is presided over by the Ven. Geshe Thupten Legmen, the fifth abbot in the monastery's 50 years of existence, appointed by H.H. the Dalai Lama in 2010.
Since 2007 the monastic community comprises representatives of all four great traditions of Tibetan Buddhism: Nyingma, Kagyu, Sakya and Gelug.
Members of the monastic community
- Ven. Abbot Geshe Thupten Legmen
- Ven. Lama Tenzin Jottotshang
- Ven. Lama GendŁn Gyatso
- Ven. Acharya Pema Wangyal
- Ven. Lopoen Kunchok Dhargyal
- Ven. Geshe Lobsang Phuntsok
- Ven. Geshe Samdup Tsering
- Ven. Acharya Sonam Gyatso